Daka DK Leather
“I will take you… from who you are closer to who you want to be, using your own mind, body and spirit” ~ DK Leather
“A Daka or “Sacred Intimate” is a man who serves as a counsellor/therapist/healer/guide with the capacity to remain objectively present and grounded while purposefully and therapeutically employing erotic energy to evaluate, counsel and address a client’s deeply personal issues regarding sexuality, intimacy and relationship—fostering healing and integration thereof.” ~ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daka)
‘Only the gentle are truly strong’ ~ James Dean
Counsellor, therapist, life coach, trainer, tarot reader, hypnotherapist, NLP, guide, mentor, shaman, sexuality coach and educator, dreamer, writer, reader, storyteller, meditator, motorcyclist, nature lover, provider, seeker, inspirer and gentle guru.
What means most to me? I’m a parent and grandparent who loves my family and friends. Love, laughter and Life.
- private sessions; counselling & psychotherapy
- private tuition, coach & guide (sexuality, spirituality, self development)
- private tarot & spiritual readings
- public workshops, demos, events (sexuality/alternative lifestyle choices)
- college, university, further education lectures
More about Us
There are three of us in my relationship. We’re a couple… but of three. It’s a long term (15 years) polyamorous family. My mum calls us the tripod! We’re from very varying backgrounds yet all well educated and experienced in the world. I was born in London, Rachel lived in Wolverhampton when we met and Lu was born in a convent just outside Naples in Italy and raised by Italian Americans in the Bronx, New York! We are LGBT/leather/poly/alternative lifestyles friendly.
We’ve one fabulous character still living at home with us, my youngest daughter Lina who’s currently at College. Plus pets; two Jack Russell types; Lu’s Jack and Rachel’s Tricksy, my black cat named Nute, a Californian corn-snake named Red and a massive aquarium fish tank. Lina has her own goldfish; Evan.
I’ve another beautiful daughter Kirsty who’s a teaching assistant and married to her wusband (that’s not a typo) Kerry with one teenage stepson Kyle and a new grandson on the way! I have a handsome son Tony who finish his music degree at University and intends to become a teacher as does his lovely girlfriend Amy. I’ve also two smashing stepdaughters; Katie (married to James) with son Corey and daughter Bethany, and stepdaughter Liane too with son Connor and daughter Coco, so altogether I’ve five step-grandchildren! All are warm hearted spirits I’m incredibly proud of.
We love to travel yet equally love to stay in our wonderful home, where you will always find visitors, family and friends galore. Rachel and I love the Welsh and Devon/Cornwall coastlines, walking, arts and theatre. Lu and I love sun, sea and sand, travel to new shores and social life. The three of us do occasionally manage to find a compromise in holidays we can all enjoy together though!
Rachel’s a writer, of several published books (www.leatherdyke.co.uk). Lu works full time and is a Chartered Surveyor. We three also spend time sitting around the fireside in our garden with friends, where we built a ‘circle’ complete with fire-pit. So, basically total professionals who are secretly ageing hippies. Rachel is the super-brain of the outfit, Lu is the provider and the fun and I am, as they say themselves, the heart that is the glue, which holds it all together.
I stay up late, the other two are early risers. We treasure our friends and family dearly and yet each enjoy the quiet of our own company too. Our music tastes are as varied as our spiritual beliefs and understandings. Oh and we’re ALL foodies, though thankfully all far fitter nowadays with healthy choices and exercise.
I’ve done all kinds of strange things in my time and experienced much. Parachute jumping, fire walking, walked on broken glass, a 10 day silent meditation retreat and three years of a Shamanic year long circle. I’ve visited New York, Florida, Spain, Ireland, Italy, France, Scotland and Wales. Later this year I’ll be visiting America’s West Coast! I’ve ridden horses, been rock climbing, pot holing, abseiling and ridden my treasured motorbikes many miles. Still so very much to do and see.
I think that’s more than enough about me. Pleased to ‘meet’ you!
Life Calling – Counsellor, Therapist & Coach www.dkgreen.com
- Counselling (both privately and pro bono for charity)
- Life Coaching / self development
- Sexuality / alternative lifestyles educator & facilitator
- Cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy
- N.L.P. (neuro-linguistic programming)
- Specialising in fields of; bereavement and loss, personal struggles, personal growth, spirituality, sexuality, sexual trauma, gender, LGBT. Also anxiety, anger, stress.
- Familiar, comfortable and experienced in dealing with trans, poly, kink and other alternative lifestyle choices. If in doubt? Speak to me.
Spirituality – Tarot Reader & Celebrant www.dktarot.co.uk
- Professional Tarot Reader of 15 years
- Celebrant (performing pagan/humanistic/mixed faith hand-fastings and services)
- Meditation, dreamer, reader, writer, quiet guru
- Shamanism, Tantra, Buddhism, Paganism; formerly HP of a circle for several years. Also undertook three years of a one year Shamanic Circle training with Taz Thornton
- Writer, reader, storyteller. Guitar, Tai Chi, motorbikes. Paint balling, go-karting, body boarding. Life, laughter, love.
- Leather, polyamorous, sm, gender-queer, queer, gay/pansexual/omni-sexual – teacher and educator in all of the above
It’s a totally wonderful, crazy life!