By all the gods we look tired. Particularly Lu from being so poorly (and losing weight quickly) and myself, for looking after her and keeping the same sleepless hours. Ah well, we’re happy enough to just be together at this time and jolly thankful we’re all alive!
I must say in truth, I’m not too sorry to see the back of 2010. It was a hard year, particularly at the beginning and the end, however thankfully we did have plenty of good life to see us through.
Here then, purely for my own memories, is 2010 in brief.
- Lu’s father sadly left this life at 93, Lu nearly did but incredibly thankfully for all our sakes, did not.
- New Years Day we spent together at the seaside, a tradition we intend to keep every year henceforth bar this one, due to Lu’s poorliness.
- My son Tony turned 21 and is doing well at University, stepdaughter Liane just turned 30, daughter Kirsty (to Kerry) and stepdaughter Katie (to James) both got engaged to be married in 2011. Beautiful granddaughter Bethany was born to Katie and James.
- Lina won both Art & Science awards, was bullied, so I agreed to teach diversity at Lina’s school.
- Saw The Lion King with Lu and Aimee and Rigoletto with Lu and Amy (both in London), Alice with Rachel, Michael Flatley in Lord of the Dance with Lina, Audrey Niffinegger as well as Gervase Phinn with Rachel (all four in Sheffield) and KT Tunstall with Lu and Aimee (in Manchester).
- I was certified in Life Coaching, intermediate psychotherapy, cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy and NLP. Much more to do in 2011 there.
- Cmunch lost it’s venue, we gave BDSM101 Workshops at four universities, attended the last Ceasars gig and held the Annual Whipboxing Championship at the BBB for the 5th year running.
- Visited Torquay, Liverpool, Bridlington, Cleethorpes, Spain (to see my brother Ben), New York (to see Lu’s father, then lay him to rest), Ireland (to see mum and Jim, with Lina), London (to see my father, visit with Lu, study), Devon and Glastonbury (for our annual ‘family’ holiday) and finally Edinburgh and Normandy (latter two with Lu’s nephew Nick who visited from the States). Aimee & Amy went to Turkey together.
- Re-handfasted to Rachel & Luisa (our annual wedding vows renewal).
- Saw woman’s FA Cup final (Arsenal vs Everton) with Kirsty & Kerry and enjoyed the World Cup at home.
- Kerry had scary spinal surgery but came through great.
- I attended a Shamanic Glass Workshop with Sue, a Sacred Pleasures opening and a Dossie Easton Radical Ecstasy workshop, both with Lu & Faerie.
- Enjoyed several carveries, meals out and BBQs for any birthday excuse.
- Enjoyed many visits to and from as well as lunches and dinners with friends and family, old and new.
- Walked over fire and broken glass. Rah!
- Enjoyed riding my motorbike on Summer days but was astounded along with the rest of the country by the amazing amount of snow that hit the UK in the past month. Walked 4 miles in 3 hours in our worst blizzard to get to hospital to see Lu!
- Buried three friends; Phil Burkett whom I knew through my mum’s Operatic Society and Amateur Dramatics Society days / Rachel Ward whom I knew through college and psychotherapy / my oldest friend Lexi’s young husband Jamie. All frighteningly young.
- Reunited with my father after a long, unfortunate separation.
- Half built my den. Hoping to finish it this Summer.
- Waxed someone’s hair who’d passed away.
- I was diagnosed type two diabetic, Rachel’s thyroid went kaput and I lost a month in hospital with Lu after her bariatric surgery went seriously wrong, landing her in Critical Care on life support, but thankfully got her home just in time for Christmas. Learnt to change Medi-Vac dressings/be a full time carer/nurse.
I think that’s quite enough really, don’t you? However I’m also absolutely certain I have missed out lots of things. Perhaps I’ll edit this entry as those things come back to me.
Happy new year folks, here’s hoping 2011 brings lots of good things, amazing experiences and joy… for us and for all of you.
My bucket list, one of the reasons I do so much is I aim to. Have you done yours? Add me if you do, so I can enjoy your hopes and dreams too. I think I’ll be updating mine soon to catch up.