Time I put these to paper (so to speak) as I’ve been mulling them over for weeks.
I used to keep a physical ‘dream journal’ and have taken great pleasure to read through it again recently, enjoying and ticking off the lists and pictures of those I’ve already achieved.
This year I begin again the tradition again that I kept for years of setting a goals list at the beginning of the year, only here in my journal. Something good and useful it can do for me at last! Without the list, things become a wishy washy one day maybe kind of dreams list; with it, even if I don’t achieve them all, I do successfully achieve much of them and certainly more than I do without it!
I have a full and complete ‘bucket list’ where I keep all my life goals, adding to them as they occur to me; it’s time to make a dent in it again. So here goes for the coming year…
1. Visit Turkey, to begin to tick off at least one a year of my bucket list ‘travel’ goals. [Travel]
2. Take both mum (for mothers day) and Lina (to keep my promise when she turns 16) to Spain to see Ben. [Pleasure & Promises]
3. Learn Spanish (already know some; revisit and complete the CD course to tick off my bucket list) [Education]
4. Finish my Advanced Psychotherapy course in June & begin Higher Advanced in September. [Professional & Education] (achievable target towards the longer term goal to become Dr Green)
5. Learn to play my guitar (began with son Tony, revisit and continue) [Education]
6. Write (book) [Achievements] (minimum; map/plan it out properly and begin writing it)
7. Spend more time with family and friends (visit parents more often, do more with my kids and grand-kids, visit further family that I haven’t seen in many years and spend more time with our friends) [Personal]
8. Clear out, clean and decorate our home (lots done, finish the job!) [Personal]
9. Get my own CAR again for work, and ride my bike much more for pleasure [Personal]
10. Establish my rolling private client list properly to stabilise longer term income [Professional] (set up outside professional office once client list warrants it)
11. Finally quit smoking, lose that elusive last two stone, and integrate regular exercise again [Personal]
12. …add one thing to this list every time I tick one off so that my list at the beginning of next year looks just as glorious! [Forward planning]
There… I think that’s a fairly fabulous, achievable and superb list personally. I’m really looking forward to this year, at last. Huzzah and go me!