See http://www.dkgreen.com for more information!
- WHAT: providing private, personal counselling for individuals. Confidentiality and discretion assured
- WHERE: location of therapy. Feel free to arrange to visit me in my office, or as many prefer, I can come visit you in the comfort of your own home. (NB: mileage outside the Chesterfield area charged at 45 pence per mile) Sessions also available via telephone and Skype.
- WHEN: at a mutually convenient time for you and I. One hour between the hours of 9am and 6pm (occasional evening appointments available). Weekly or fortnightly.
- WHY: focusing on self-development and personal growth. Dealing with bereavement and loss, sexuality and sexual issues, gender, anger, anxiety, stress and relationships. Also adult or alternative situational struggles.
- APPROACH: I utilize tools within our sessions as appropriate and useful, for you. I work from an Integrative perspective, coming from a psycho-dynamically trained background but pulling on specific tools and resources that I prefer to incorporate from other theories (including but not exclusively CBT, humanistic and existential). Ultimately dependent on the individual client’s needs.
- VOLUNTARY WORK: I provide Counselling on a regular voluntary basis for the charity M.I.N.D.
- SUPERVISION: Private monthly supervision provides somewhere for the therapist to discuss or seek advice from their peers. This is for both your protection, and mine. Note: supervisory conversations are kept 100% confidential and anonymous.
- TRAINING: I am a firm believer in C.P.D. (continuous professional development) This means I continue with training courses and further, ongoing training in as many areas as I can manage to fit in. For example I recently completed an excellent, very useful 40 hour bereavement counselling course, a separate self harm course and another on mental health awareness. Continuing additional qualifications indefinitely. Currently studying Forensic Psychology. Undertaking Masters Degree later this year.
- OTHER SKILLS: additional certification in N.L.P., life coaching and hypnotherapy. Sex educator and coach. Useful, additional skills in my tool-kit for assisting you to overcome your personal challenges.
- ALTERNATIVE SUBJECTS: some topics are traditionally shied away from during counselling. Clients are concerned that they may be judged or deemed having a ‘problem’ when discussing certain topics. For the record I have a thorough grasp and familiar grounding within the following adult topics, therefore you need not worry that your ‘issue’ is something I might not understand. Polyamory, spirituality, transgender, role-play or power exchange. If in doubt that your particular challenge is something I’d be willing to help you with, please feel free to just ask.
- SPIRITUALITY: those who know me from elsewhere will testify that I have a certain level of spiritual appreciation and understanding (not religion). My experiences of spirituality include a fundamental understanding and practice of meditation, Shamanism, Buddhism, Tarot (a professional Tarot reader for many years) and more. For some people this is irrelevant. I include it here because for many it is relevant. Ask for more information.