See http://www.dkgreen.com for more information!
- WHAT: providing private, personal psychotherapy, counselling and coaching for individuals, couples and poly relationships. Confidentiality and discretion assured.
- WHERE: feel free to arrange to visit me, or as some prefer I also offer therapy for long distance clients (national and international) via Skype and telephone.
- WHEN: at a mutually convenient time for you and I. One hour, between the hours of 10am and 9pm. Weekly or fortnightly.
- WHY: focusing on self-development and personal growth. Dealing with pattern repeating, childhood issues, bereavement and loss, sexuality, sexual issues and sexual trauma, gender issues, anger, anxiety, depression, stress and relationships. Also adult/diversity/situational struggles.
- APPROACH: I utilize tools within our sessions as appropriate and useful for you. I work from an Integrative perspective, coming from a psycho-dynamically trained background but pulling on specific tools and resources that I prefer to incorporate from other theories, dependent on the client needs. Other skills/tools at my disposal may be offered if appropriate or relevant to a particular client.
- VOLUNTARY WORK: I provided Counselling on a voluntary basis on behalf of the charity M.I.N.D. for two years. I still do pro-bono work on occasion.
- PATREON: I also run a Patreon https://www.patreon.com/dkleather (please become a Patron and help fund this vital work) so that I can offer part-bursary paid places for those less privileged by virtue of gender, sexuality, ability, race.
- SUPERVISION: Private (three weekly) supervision provides somewhere for the therapist to discuss or seek advice from their peers. It is recommended within industry guidelines for both your protection, and mine. Note: supervisory conversations are kept 100% confidential and anonymous.
- TRAINING: I am a firm believer in C.P.D. (continuous professional development) This means I continue with training courses and further, ongoing training in as many areas as I can manage to fit in. For example I recently completed an excellent, very useful 40 hour bereavement counselling course. I also completed two training courses; one on mental health awareness and another on self harm. Currently completing the Post Graduate Diploma in Gender and Sexuality with Pink Therapy.
- OTHER SKILLS: additional certification in N.L.P. (neuro-linguistic programming), life coaching and cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy. Useful, additional skills in my tool-kit for assisting you to overcome your personal challenges.
- DIVERSITY SUBJECTS: some topics are traditionally shied away from during counselling. Clients are concerned that they may be judged or deemed having a ‘problem’ when discussing certain topics. For the record I have a thorough grasp and familiar grounding within the following adult topics, therefore you need not worry that your ‘issue’ is something I might not understand. Polyamory, spirituality, transgender, tantra, kink, role-play or power exchange. If in doubt that your particular challenge is something I’d be willing to help you with, please feel free to just ask.
- SPIRITUALITY: those who know me from elsewhere will testify that I have a certain level of spiritual understanding (not religion). My experiences of spirituality include a fundamental understanding and practice of meditation, shamanism, Tarot as a life path progression and personal developmental tool, and more. For some people this is irrelevant. I include it here because for many it is relevant. Ask for more information.